The Crew Chief is the crew leader who possesses leadership skills of direction, training, accountability and safety. Pay range is dependent upon experience.
- We offer paid holidays for the majority of major calendar events as well as accrued paid personal time off and sick leave.
- We also offer health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, workers compensation and an IRA retirement plan with company match.
- A valid North Carolina Driver’s License.
- Physically capable of responsibilities in the field.
- Ability to communicate well with coworkers and clients.
- Use of typical survey equipment to perform necessary land surveys.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in the field and in the office.
- Must be able to complete the duties of Rodman and/or Instrumentman.
- Measuring distances on a variety of structures and relaying the data to crew.
- Reading and utilizing subdivision plats and field notes to search for property corners.
- Utilization of proper techniques in the use of prism poles, level rods and other equipment necessary in the performance of the job to ensure data is accurately collected.
- Making field notes and drawing field sketches that properly reflect field conditions at the time of the survey.
- Planning and performing of various job scopes, ensuring that projects are correctly completed in the most precise and economically manner using the resources provided by the company and under the direction of their supervisor’s.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to work in varied environmental conditions.
- Must be able to perform the physical tasks as necessary to complete the jobs as set out by their supervisors.
- Must have excellent communication skills and penmanship to ensure instructions and field data are properly relayed between the crew. Must be detailed-oriented.
- Must be skilled at performing a survey with minimal direction from their supervisors and be able to direct co-workers in the proper procedures necessary to perform their duties.
- Skilled in the use of all conventional surveying equipment.
- Must have solid understanding of procedures used to verify that equipment is in proper adjustment, such as how to peg their levels, and check their total station to a baseline.
- Capable of utilizing the various functions of the different data collectors, such as locating points by using the various offset methods, inversing between located points, and how to use the collector when traversing to other points.
- Must have a strong understanding of surveying related mathematics and be capable of utilizing various trigonometry and geometry formulas in the field to properly re-establish boundaries and in the staking and setting out of any proposed improvements.
- Full comprehension of the various scopes set forth by the company and be capable of relating field data to the office in a clear and complete manner.
- 2+ Years experience in the field as a survey crew chief
- Creation of maps in accordance with NC Statutes in MicroStation CAD is a plus.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the principal duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal duties and responsibilities.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Continuously required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, bend or crouch.
- Frequently required to sit as the position requires drive time in a vehicle.
- Frequently required to reach above and use hands for to finger, handle, or feel with fine manipulation.
- Occasionally required to push and pull objects.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Required to meet and/or pass all site specific tests required by customers.
The employee is continuously outdoors for long periods of time. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the principal duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal duties and responsibilities.
- Continuously exposed to the elements of the outdoors which includes but not limited to, weather, wildlife, vegetation and rough terrain.
- Occasionally works near mechanical parts in outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to heat, wet and/or humid conditions.
- Primarily works on a 2- or 3-man crew and is also subject to communicating with customers or other individuals on the jobsite.
The Cullipher Group, P.A. is located in Morehead City, NC where there are scenic coastlines, several beaches and a great atmosphere for people of all ages and families of any size.